Your Acer’s laptop keyboard is locked? And you do not know how to unlock it, fret not we are here to help you.
Actually sometimes, unknowingly we press some key combination that results in unwanted or unknown results. The locked Acer’s keyboard probably comes under one of those cases. My dad Once locked his keyboard, and it was really hard to unlock it, but the repeated effort resulted in a fully functioning keyboard.
In some cases, SHIFT+F7 or SHIFT+F6 can help an Acer laptop to lock and unlock a laptop’s keyboard.
How to Unlock An Acer Laptop Keyboard.
You need to access the ‘Ease of Access Center’ if you know any shortcut to reach there use that, or follow me.
- Click the Windows+U key simultaneously. It will open ease of access center. Locate the keyboard icon in the left column, and click on it.
When you click on it, it will respond with ‘Make the keyboard easier to use
- Now select a few keys such as ‘Turn on Stick keys’ and ‘turn on Filter keys’. After turning both keys, select ‘Save’.
Now, unselect both ‘Turn on sticky keys’ and ‘Turn on Filter keys’ and save the changes.
- With your laptop’s keyboard now, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, it will either lock your laptop or give you a few options. Among those options click on lock your laptop.
You can now use CTRL+L to lock your laptop, and use the same combination to unlock it.
In some cases, this procedure might not work. I have seen many users recommend that using the Shift+F7 key turned their laptop keyboard locked, and unlocked.
You may try SHIFT+F6 to see if anything happens, maybe your laptop’s keyboard drivers are missing.
Update Laptop’s keyboard driver:
As you have enabled an onscreen keyboard or touch keys keyboard, by using this you can access your laptop the way you have been using it before.
- Using the on-screen keys click on Windows and search for Device Manager.
- Scroll down a little and locate the keyboard in the list.
- Right-click on the keyboard, and click on update driver.
It will ask to update the driver from the computer or online. You can select the online method if your laptop is connected to the internet or get the drivers stored in your laptop, and select the files from updating from the laptop option.
I am pretty sure, this will help you, and make your laptop keyboard unlocked.