One of the most common grievances amongst laptop users is that their laptop screen is dim, even at the highest brightness.
There are many ways you can increase your laptop’s brightness depending upon which screen you’re using.
Some of the ways are; adjusting it via manual changes from the desktop, using brightness apps, and using a colour calibration wizard.
This article will look into each of these ways, and hopefully, we’ll find a solution that you can benefit from.
Also Read: Cheap Chromebooks Under $100
Adjusting Via Desktop Features
If you’re an Apple user, go to the menu and click on System Preferences>Displays to adjust brightness. If you’re a Windows user, go to the far-right side of your taskbar.
Click on the square, and you’ll find different icons in the Action Center. Click on a sun-like icon that is responsible for managing brightness.
Another simple and quick way of improving the screen’s brightness is by looking for
shortcut keys on the top right of your keyboard. Usually, they’re F1 and F2. F1
for minimizing the brightness while F2 for maximizing it. However, if your
screen is still dim even after reaching the maximum brightness, you might want
to adjust it using apps or calibration.
Also Read: Chromebooks With SD Card Reader
Adjusting Via Calibration
Calibration is probably what you’re looking for if the shortcut key for brightness didn’t help.
Again, calibration depends upon what desktop you’re using.
So, different methods are available for different desktop users, I-e, windows, and apple.
1. Calibration for Window Users:
Step1- Go to Start> P.C. Settings>System and then Display.
Step2- Select Advanced Display Settings under Multiple Displays, then select Display Adapter Properties.
Step3- Color management, Advanced, and Calibrate Display are the options you’ll find under the Color Management Tab.
Step4- Choose from these options to adjust brightness according to your choice.
2. Calibration for MacBook Users:
Step1- Select System preferences
Step2- Choose Display>Colors>Calibrate to enhance the brightness.
Or if you have a different O.S;
Step2- Choose Option>Calibrate.
Adjusting via Brightness Apps
Windows have tons of different apps available to improve the brightness of your desktops.
Some of them are the Lux app and the C.F. Lumen app which allows you to customize the brightness levels on your device based on time and location.
MacBook users can use Brightness Slider, which allows customization by cutting down the intensity of the backlight. So, it gives you brightness but with less intensity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you Increase the Brightness of your H.P. laptop?
If you’re an avid laptop user or a writer who writes in bulk on a laptop, it is advisable to adjust your brightness levels according to your comfort.
Fortunately, we have numerous ways for you to get the highest possible level of brightness on your screens.
Interestingly, all the Windows ten laptops require almost the same adjustments except for keyboard shortcuts, HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, etc.
Here, we’ll specifically talk about increasing the H.P. laptop’s brightness.
- Open Action Centre by pressing windows + A or go to the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
- Here, you’ll find a brightness slider.
- Move it to the right to increase the brightness, and move it to the left to decrease it.
- Go to the control panel by searching it in the search bar.
- Press windows mobility centre>Display Brightness
- Now, move the slider to adjust the built-in levels.
Why is your computer brightness not working?
Many Windows users complain about how their computer’s brightness doesn’t work after the new Windows 10.
If you’re also suffering from a ‘brightness not working’ issue, it could be because of a Windows update bug, third-party application, or wrong power configuration.
Whatever the problem is, try the following solutions to see if they work.
Change Brightness Setting
Search power options. Click on change plan settings>change advanced power settings>Display.
Now change each listing to however you like and then click on Apply and OK, respectively. After that, restart your system and see if it works
Reinstalling the Display Driver
Go to the manufacturer’s website as per your P.C. It may be intel, AMD, or Nvidia. By selecting your model and architecture, download and save the display driver.
Open device manager by clicking windows + R. Uninstalls the installed graphic driver by expanding the display driver. Click on OK and restart your computer.
Hopefully, you will resolve your matter.
What should I do if my brightness slider is not working?
While Window 10 brought some great features that had us all persuaded to give it a try. Some features are nerve-wracking, which involve sucked brightness slider.
You move it here and there, and it doesn’t work. But don’t worry, we’ve compiled a list of a few things that you can try to make it work.
– First things first, check if you have any window updates to install. You can search for Window updates in the start menu.
– Updating and reinstalling display servers might also help in resolving the issue. You can do it by opening the display adopter>expanding the display manager.
– Run the power troubleshooter by going to settings. Search troubleshoot in the taskbar and click on power.
– Restart the display adaptor. You can do that by clicking on the Display Adaptors from the device manager. Right-click the display adaptor and click on disable a device.
After checking the confirmation box, click again on the display adaptor and click on enable device. Doing this will restart your display adaptor.
– Using the Microsoft basic display is another function that might help in resolving your issue. Open the display adaptor by opening the device manager, right-click it, and then update the driver.
However, using this feature may restrict some of your related display adaptors. It might also restrict your high resolutions, so consider these.